The Henshaw Short Story Competition
Our September Competition is now open.
. with a closing date of September 30th.
Prizes in the September competition are:-
1st Prize £200, 2nd Prize £100, 3rd Prize £50
The entry fee is £6 and the fee for a critique is £14.
Please note that due to rising costs we have had to . increase our charge for critiques in this Competition
1. Entries must be a fictional short story of up to 2000 words on any theme.
2. Entries must be on A4, double spaced and page numbered with the title on each page..
3. All entries must be the original work of the Author, must not have been published before the date of submission and must be accompanied by a single information page containing the author's name, address and telephone number.
4. The Author's name must not appear as a title or in the body of any page other than
the author information page.
5. Entries received after the closing date will not be considered.
6. Do keep a copy of your entry, manuscripts cannot be returned.
7. The judges’ view is final and no correspondence will be entered into in connection with the award of the prizes.
8. Prize Winning Stories will be published on this site.
9. Entries may be made by E mail as a Word document (pdfs cannot be accepted), or by post.
10. Winning entrants will be offered the opportunity to have their stories included in an Henshaw anthology. It is intended to produce our next anthology when there have been sufficient prize winning stories.
11. Receipt of all entries will be acknowledged by e-mail or by post where no e-mail address is available.
12. Entrants must be aged over sixteen. If you are sixteen or under do have a look at our Young Writers page.
Each entry by post must be accompanied by a cheque for £6 payable to G. Jennings and sent to:
The Henshaw Competition
24 Rowlandson Close
Entries by E-mail should pay the appropriate fee using the button below and send their story separately to:-
For an extra £12 the judges will provide a critique (of any story entered into the competition) after the results of the competition have been published.